Friday, December 03, 2004

Watching movies with your parents

Over the holiday weekend, I had the chance to watch some movies with my parents.
We did our new holiday tradtion and watched the BLUES BROTHERS
We then watched "THE GIRL WITH THE PEARL EARRING". ( pretty good, but then again Colin Firth could paint my kitchen and I would think it was a masterpiece)
A few weeks ago we watched SECRETARY. Not a good idea to watch with one's parents. Really. If you've seen the movie, you know what I mean. I want to rent it again and watch it by myself. Really.
But the piece de resistance...
We watched JAY AND SILENT BOB STRIKE BACK.
Oh MY GOD!!! Every other word is "F" and you don't get all the jokes and references if you haven't seen the other movies of Kevin Smith. My mom had that nervous laugh at every F-word like we were going to condemn her for laughing at the swearing. And my dad....oh man. He laughed like a 12 year old boy laughs at a really good fart joke.
I just wish I would have had a dollar for every "F-word" that was said. I'd be driving a new car.
I brought along my copy of BRIDGET JONES' DIARY. I took it home. They will have to watch it on their own. I refuse to change my views on that one by watching it with them.
A girl has got to have limits

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home