Friday, December 03, 2004

On the carousel...

I'm not afraid of anything in this world
There's Nothing you can throw at me that I haven't already heard
I'm just trying to find a decent melody
A song that I can sing in my own company.
STUCK IN A MOMENT YOU CAN'T GET OUT OF

Today, the sun was shining in the morning. I woke up and put on my favorite wool sweater and jeans. I talked to a friend a half a world away that I miss. I drove to work and sang "Who's Gonna Ride your Wild Horses?" with Bono at the top of my lungs. I typed a lot. I drove home singing "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" I came home and ate some soup. I drew a bath and had a cuppa. I just got done wailing...its a "Beautiful Day" ACHTUNG BABY has been the soundtrack for this week. And ALL THAT YOU CAN'T LEAVE BEHIND and THE JOSHUA TREE.
It's been U2 on when I'm alone. Every life changing moment I've had...they have been on in the background. I can take a song of theirs and give you a story. Like I've said...music is the most powerful neumonic device.
December is a big month...I turn the "back end of thirty", the world will be celebrating some religious holiday, and hopefully, I'll have a new job or career move.
AND I have this sneaking/sinking feeling that I'm going to be walking through evil Wal-mart on Christmas eve on our way home from the relatives.
Well, they sell yarn. And that's a good thing.
So...
Nothing much to say I guess
Just the same as all the rest
Been Trying to Throw my Arms around the world
And a woman needs a man
Like a fish needs a bicycle
When She's tryin to throw her arms around the world.
Amen, Bono and Edge. Amen.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jay said...

Weird: U2 has also been following me around lately. Always a pleasure.
J
http://saintvodkaofthemartini.blogspot.com/

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home