Monday, November 22, 2004

Dropping a bomb...

...the "F-bomb" that is. The F-word. The F'enheimer
Call it what you like, but I dropped the word in a conversation with my mother.
OH YES I DID!
( I was on a rant just like Foamy the squirrel and it just slipped out. I am having a Squirreley Wrath couple of days.)
I've only been under a bit of stress lately and my ear has been pressed to the phone today taking care of business. ( Unemployment service at the state, Association people, telemarketers and damn nosy seniors that want to pump me for info...)
She and I were talking about stuff and it just slipped out...
There was a long pause. A really loooooooonnnnnnnggggggg pause and then she did what she always does to my father when he says the word:
"HEY!"
Now, a Mama G "Hey!" is the equivalent of getting heavily fined by the FCC. I couldn't see it, but I know her one eyebrow was raised and I know she wasn't pleased with me. You can tell these things by the tone of the silence on the other end of the phone.
I apologized and I am washing my mouth out with soap, euphamistically.
The word has got its place...but you just don't use it with your mama.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home