Sunday, November 21, 2004

Sundays are for Masochists

WARNING!!!! HIGHLY CYNICAL AND SARCASTIC POST AHEAD
I dislike sundays ... I used to love them. Really.
Frank Sinatra sang that "Saturday nights are the lonliest nights of the week" Bollocks! It's sundays.
Sundays are the day you get ready for the week. Sure, laundry and cleaning one's flat are productive things. Getting phone calls from well meaning friends are double edged swords. And popping in a movie is downright dangerous.
You see...my world is in a flux. I'm looking for a job and I am so very afraid that the phrase "Thank you for shopping at_________" will be a part of my lexicon in the near future. ( you can insert the store of your choice here.) I hate retail...retail hell. Ok...I would work at a music store or at a bookstore. I would never have a paycheck due to buying things at these said stores, but I would be well read and very musically in tune. And I really don't want to fold another fucking sweater, t-shirt, or pair of pants unless it is my own and I am doing my laundry or a significant others. (And right now, I'm just doing my own.)
Which brings me to sunday afternoons. Sunday afternoons are the times that you're supposed to be having bonding time, cuddling time, arguing time, clean-up time or whatever time you want with your other.
I got a phone call from a friend...I love her to death, but I don't really want to dredge up stuff on a sunday afternoon about ghosts of boyfriends past. It's just bad juju. And puts me into a foul mood. ( can you tell)
So I turned on the telly...I don't follow football, I don't have cable and NASCAR isn't a lifestyle choice I want to make. So, gee, why don't I put on a movie. Big mistake. I popped in a flick - chick that is - And now I'm ranting on my blog about this whole state of affairs.
Welcome to my pity party...no actually it's just sunday afternoon.
I'm fine...really. I am. I just think way too much and I have too much time on my hands at the moment. And there is only so much a girl can knit.
And tomorrow is Monday.
Shit.
I hate mondays.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home