Sunday, November 21, 2004

Things I learned today

These are the profound things that I learned this weekend...
my tongue is firmly planted in my cheek!
* There are people out there that are more obsessed about knitting than I am.
I feel better. I was sorting through my yarn stash and I was getting scared for a moment. I have some on layaway at the yarn shoppe. I have no cash for it, but I'm a wanting the stuff for a sweater for myself. (Yes, I'm knitting things for me and not giving all my work away) My birthday is coming and maybe I will get that for a present.
I love yarn and all its possiblities. I found a wonderful new pattern for a felted bag (and the yarn for it, I got on Madeline Island and it will be perfect!!!) and an even more wonderful pattern...a knitted Elvis wig!!! Yep... go to: http://www.theshed.co.uk/elviswig.html
I can think of all the wonderful funky novelty yarns to make this with: Pink Fuzzy fur, some thick black wool with spangles in it...oooh the endless possibilites! Sure beats knitting hats...although I have a thing for hats and a great pattern for a really felted one!
* I like to take very unimportant and frivolous quizzes
According to this one site, I am very British and I am most like Captain Jack of the Pirates of the Carribbean.
I took some fun quizes at this site. The link below will get you to the British quiz and then she has the other quizzes there too...I've got too much time on my hands.
http://www.lacota.net/alanna/britquiz.html
A really good quiz site is Quizilla. That's where I learned that :
my swear word is Bitch, I will marry Brad Pitt, my ultimate boyfriend from the movies is Lloyd Dobbler from "Say Anything" and that my 80's teen movie is "Pretty in Pink." And my signature color is pink. Well DUUUUHHHHH! Like I didn't know these things already!
* All peanut butters are not the same.
I was being really cheap and bought some store brand peanut butter. It did the trick and got me through. Then I got me a brand new jar of Skippy. DING DANG! Talk about a world of difference. I will never ever skimp on the PB again.
* If you are cold, turn up the heat.
I am a spazz. I forgot I turned my heat down. So thinking that it was a comfy 69 degrees, I was wondering why I was still cold. I thought 'Oh shit...my furnace is on the blink and it's gonna get cold tonight.' I got up and looked at the thermostat...it was turned down to 62. (The weather man said it was supposed to be warm and sunny today, so I turned down the heat...like duh???!!!) I'm forgetting things lately. ( Maybe my old job really did affect my memory and the whole theory of osmosis is true)
* I think I have a mouse.
I realized this the other day...thursday. And I got on the task immediately. My mouse lives organically...he or she won't touch the Mac and cheese, ramen or oatmeal, but loves the organic whole wheat noodles and the organic soba noodles.(Damn...I was going to make an Oriental salad with those soba noodles) Obviously, the little varmit isn't on Atkins. Needless to say, I cleaned out that drawer and my whole kitchen, got out the D-CON, and hope to hell the little critter has found a place outside. They try to come in every winter. I've patched the spot where they come in and loaded up the area with DCON. So far...since Thursday night...I have not seen any traces of the little one or any others.
* Don't swallow those little Japanese Beetles....
I accidentally swallowed one of them when it landed in my water glass beside my bed. It was 3 am, for the love of Pete, and I was thirsty and it was dark and I was out of a dead sleep. Needless to say...my tummy has been on the blink and I've been running. Yes, TOO MUCH INFORMATION, but don't swallow these little SOB's. I have a funky taste in my mouth also. They smell so rank and what is that yellow stinky stuff they spew?!?
* Baklava is better warm.
This is nothing special. Just an observation. Actually, I took a bite of a piece this weekend and then didn't finish it and came back to it. I think I like it warm.
I can't make that argument about Creme Brulee though. I'll eat it hot or cold...I'm not a brulee snob.
* Things are not always what they seem.
I posted a huge rant earlier...I'm fine now. I just needed to blow off steam.
* Life is good.
really...it's good. I have wonderful friends, family gallore,people who love me and a great support system. I'm one lucky girl!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home