Friday, November 26, 2004

New Holiday Tradition

It's on every Thanksgiving.
It's one of those comedy classics that one never tires of.
It is a movie that has been watched 2 Thanksgivings in a row and is now deemed a " New Holiday Classic" ( By Moi) and a "will watch again"( by Mom)
IT IS...
The Blues Brothers
I have never seen my mom giggle like that in a long long time. She LOVED the mall car chase scene and how Jake was amazed at "this mall has everything". She loved Ray Charles and Aretha and sang along to "Stand By Your Man" in the roadhouse bar.
My mom is too cool. Not only can the woman cook like nobody's business, She also knows a good movie and is willing to watch it over and over again.
I guess I better get the DVD and along with a jello salad, I will be bringing that along to the Thanksgiving feast each year. I always find something new when I watch it...mom just giggles. Who knew Elwood tickled her fancy...really, she loved his dancing and singing!!! MMMMM....rubber biscuit.
Thank goodness she doesn't serve dry white toast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home