Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I will not settle

I'm facing an eerie reality.
My friend, Jillian, told me that the latest statistic is that women over the age of 28 are unmarriable.

ok

I don't hear a tick tock
I don't feel maternal pangs.
I just want a partner and friend.
AND I want to prove that statistic wrong.

And I have become more discernable and realistic when it comes to possible partners. I can look at someone and just listen to them for about an hour and know whether or not this is going to work. In fact, I've been able to tell someone that "I'm not the one" and feel very secure with it. It hurt to say it, but I feel better for doing so.
but I'm still hoping.

4 Comments:

Blogger Your Charlotte said...

I think women over 28 are MORE marriagable - at least if you want the marriage to work out (i.e. skip the "starter marriage" phase).

It takes a great maturity/ intelligence to not force a connection, to just let it happen organically and really become something more. That's what I've always loved about you - there's no bullshit.

Marriage is nothing if there's no depth behind it - you and I know that as well as anyone. I shudder at mistakes I've almost made in that area, and I'm glad you're not willing to put yourself through that.

8:36 AM  
Blogger Tony Pucci said...

I think you have a 100% chance of being happy and taken care of.

3:46 AM  
Blogger MBT said...

You'd BETTER get married... I have to repay you for the most awesomest wedding toast of all time!

6:17 PM  
Blogger TooManyCurves said...

and that awesome toast was at my second wedding at age 33, so yeah, women over 28 are not only marriageable, but much more happily :)

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home