Saturday, December 04, 2004

Making Holiday Plans

Our family celebrates the Holidays in a different way. I think it stems from the years at the family flowershop. We just never stopped to have a holiday...and now that we can, we just do it in an unique way.
My birthday is on the 23rd. I don't know if I'm working yet...but I'm tempted to skip it this year and celebrate it at a different time. My cousin is going to throw a "Backend of Thirty" party for me. ( Sarcastic laugh here...I like the dinner party part...but the backend...mmmmm)
But I don't know what I'm going to be doing that day or evening.
We talked about it with the ladies at the nursing home. They are my adopted aunties and sit with Gramm. One lady wants a chocolate cake, another wants buttercream frosting and the other thought grated chocolate mints would be tasty on top. So...the ladies have my cake planned and I really can't think of a better way of celebrating.
We are going to celebrate on Christmas day... Our family has lunch there on that day in a separate room and we have it with all the ladies. ( Due to health, they do not leave the care center) I've been asked to make lefse ( that's another post...what a process, but it is tasty and I like celebrating my heritage). My mom asks what is the menu and we usually bring accompaniments to the meal for extras and just plan a feast for the ladies. And it is really fun. We exchange small gifts and then just visit with them. And they take my pennies because I loose in cards to them.
Then there's the family christmas with Mom's side of the family...that's a post in itself.
So with all the changes in my life...I know that the holidays will be pretty special.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home