Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Sad day in sushi-land



OK, this summer, I got food poisoning. No, it wasn't from sushi. (Thank goodness)

It was from - what I believe - a bad crab cake. If you ever want to give me living hell, feed me a crabcake that has gone awry. You'll see me sick for 3 days, dehydrated, stuck in strange emergency room and hepped up on painkillers (Dalaudin - woah, wicked stuff) that when watching Jon and Kate plus 8, I started to get misty eyed and thought that I could actually handle having 6 Three-year old children at the same time and juggle a husband also.

HA... you should have seen it. I was in a state.

Ok, I digress. I had my check up with the Ruckerman. Some people have doctors... I have a doctor that is like superman - hence the name. Well, we talked about the little episode of food poisoning and what I ate that weekend. He couldn't rule out the sushi. But my friend that I ate the sushi with wasn't sick. So, I'm still thinking the crabcakes.
But I was told that I could not have sushi for at least 6 months. He feels that it might compromise my immune system (long story) so to be on the safe side, I should wait and then try it again and monitor my reaction. OK... i know that I can't eat the average Chinese food and buffet because I get ill from the MSG. (um...remember the girl that turned into a blueberry from eating the gum on Willy Wonka? Well, feed me food with high MSG and watch my lips swell bigger than Pamela Anderson's lips and boobs.)
So I will try it then.

DING DANG
I mean, I want to have spicy tuna roll for my birthday with one of Sharon's cupcakes. I have to wait until March. MARCH!?!?! Ok, I suppose I can manage this. But when there's a sushi happy hour and it is dirt cheap and good for me...what is a girl to do!

I'm trying to keep it in perspective. Um, when the Brewers start playing in the spring...I get to eat sushi.
When it starts to get warmer... I get to eat sushi
When I get to have a vacation... I get to eat sushi
When there is no retail holiday to bug the shit out of me...I get to eat sushi
The list could go on and on.

But in mid-March, I will be sitting , with chopsticks in hand, and eating my sushi
Bring on the wasabi, baby!

a p.s.: the picture above is KNITTED sushi. This is all this girl is gonna get. I think I just might have to knit me some of this and just wait...

1 Comments:

Blogger TooManyCurves said...

I don unnerstand why peoples want to eat de poor fishes. I REALLY don know why dey want to eat 'em raw! poor fishes.

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home