Monday, December 08, 2008

Chrismas music and survival of the Holiday


"And Tonight, Thank God it's them...instead of you."

Yes, it's that time of the year again. The time that you dig out your favorite songs and sing along.
Christmas music is forced upon me at work. I think if I hear one more version of "Sleigh Ride" or "Winter Wonderland", I will just go nuts. But once in a great while, Tony Bennett will come on and croon, or Frank, or Ella, or Harry Connick Jr. Then life is a bit better.
Then... WOOT! On comes U2 and Christmas, Baby Please come Home starts playing and I shout "YEAH" right along with Bono. But when Joey Ramone comes on and sings this ditty... my inner rebel punk girl makes me want to slamdance with glee.
The ONLY song that isn't on is "Do they Know Its Christmas Time?" #1 on my sister's list of fave songs and my all time #1 Christmas tune. Like I said...sing this in the middle of a hot humid summer day and all is good!
So... get out the vinyl or your cassettes...or even your 8-tracks... Who cares!?! Just get that holiday spirit and sing your carol.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home