Monday, December 08, 2008

Secret Addiction...


Ok, I love Brit Pop stars... But this guy is actually Welsh. TOM JONES!
Yes, the man has a new album out and well... it is a guilty pleasure. (Kind of like having Fruity Pebbles and using Half and Half instead of milk...)
The newest song, "If He Should Ever Leave You" is a bit of a throwback with a bit of a Latin beat and a HUGE backbeat and bass...wow. I definitely have my back shaking.
And well, Tom still has it at 68. He was interviewed on NPR and the man is very gracious, insightful and wants to sing until his last days. AND the Welsh accent.
Then again... I love a man with an accent. Put him in a suit and I'm gone!
So this is on my playlist at the moment.
My mama has a Tom Jones story too.... but I won't post until I get the full backstory on this one. All I know it involves front row seats at a Tom Jones' concert and she was with her best friend, Kathy. OH MAN... Do we really need to know?!? I suppose we do. (Deep down inside, I think Mama G has a wild streak!)
Now go listen to the song. And dance for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home