Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Humor in a Snowstorm

It's snowing here again. And I'm getting sick of it. But there is humor in the whole thing.

I live on a hill. A steep hill with a funny grade. My hill MUST be plowed because it is one of two ways to get to the hospital and the police station. So the plows wake me up at 4:15 in the morning quite often.

Well today was a snow day. And at about 3 pm, I made myself a cup of tea and then continued to read my book and then I heard the plow.
No biggie...its snowing they gotta plow but then I heard a backing up...and then loud motor sounds and then.... the plow again and then the backing up...
I looked out my bedroom window to see that this multi-ton truck is stuck on the hill...can only back down and make a running jump ( if that's what you call it) to get up and finish plowing the hill.
I sat for 45 minutes watching this scene, reading the lips of the plow truck driver and watching the process of backing up and starting again. Finally he backed down a long way and then went the roundabout way of plowing the road.

Now I know why little boys love watching big trucks. I don't think it's my cup of tea...pun intended, but I understand

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home