Saturday, February 05, 2005

Whirlwind...

WHAT I'M LISTENING TO: Kings of Convenience: "Misread"

How appropriate. This song. Right now.
The first line: "If you want to be my friend, and you want us to get along - please do not expect me to wrap it up and keep it there."
I've been compartmentalizing lately. Putting everything emotional in neat little boxes to protect my heart. My problem today...
I think I showed a little too much of my heart.
I would like to put on the saddest movie I can find, or watch the funeral of Princess Diana just to have a good solid cry.
Sad thing about this is...I don't know what's really wrong. I don't know what I'm really crying about.
So instead of me doing a whirling dervish in my kitchen to a fun song, my head and heart are whirling on their own accord.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jay said...

Meanwhile, I've been blubbering like a baby at the drop of a hat!
Maybe that's the answer...try dropping a hat. It's sadder than you'd think.

12:52 AM  
Blogger Morgan said...

I don't believe you can show a little too much of your heart. I don't believe you should protect yourself from emotions. I don't believe you should experience life by holding back and sitting on the sidelines. Drink, dance, and be Mary. Who knows, perhaps you'll give the other person courage to really live also.

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home