Friday, February 04, 2005

Another Trifecta

What am I listening to: The Replacements/Paul Westerburg: "Achin to be" and "Runaway Wind"

Westerburg writes with irony, cynicism and sarcasm.I love his music and he helps put things into a bit of perspective for me when I need some. Who can write a song with "Singing into a pen like a torch singer" and pull it off! "Runaway Wind" is just one of those beautiful songs of unrequited love. Paul has been on and I've dug out the cds... And I believe in serendipity. It's been another interesting 2 weeks here at Chez M. And I now know that I am a snob...either that or my standards are really high.

I had to go to WalMart. ( Evil incarnate as I call it) This one though has a beautiful long haired boy working in the optical, so all is not lost, but I digress...
As I was walking in, I passed a man with a mullet (1) wearing a Packer's sweatshirt over his beer gut(2), and his pants were like below the gut and way below the waist.(3)
I'm hitting the trifecta's people...BUT
I get into there. Head to the record section ( why oh why can they have a ton of White Stripes,the Ramones and Clash, even have the Thrills and Postal Service, BUT NO Kings of Convenience?) And I turn the corner...OH MY GOODNESS... A FEMALE TRIFECTA OF THE RAREST FORM.
These are the women who THINK that they are somethin somethin and dress to the nines...the only problem is their nines are 1979 or maybe 1989.
This is a rare form. One doesn't see this everyday. What a treat.
#1 - She had a female mullett...schmullet. With the perm on the front part and straight in the back...and bleached brassy blond and the roots. Think a poodle.
#2 - She was wearing denim stirrup pants ( yes there is such a thing) and they looked like they were painted on. We are talking camel toe people. Euuuu...
#3 - White leather ankle boots with 3 inch heels. (White in winter?!?!) White boots...only Nancy Sinatra can get a way with serious white boots.
I could barely contain myself...I got on my cell phone and called my sister. She called me back and it was the only time I wished I had a camera phone. DING DANG. 2 Trifectas in less than a half an hour.
It reminds me of "Frank's wild years" by Tom Waits. Frank in the song has a wife..."His wife was a spent piece of used jet trash, made good bloody marys, kept her mouth shut most of the time, had a little Chihuahua named Carlos"
Well... when I left the parkinglot, 2 cars down from mine...there was a car with at Chihuahua in it...yipping to beat the band. MMMM...was Frank's wife at WalMart?!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home