Monday, January 17, 2005

Anyway...

After my waxing philosopical and the last few days to myself...it's time to give some props.
I met with a friend shortly after Thanksgiving. We have a rather unconventional friendship, but it works. And I like it and our rather unconventional friendship. This person called me and invited me to their home for a chat because they said, "you've been through a lot lately...you need this."
So I went and spent an afternoon having one of the most cherished conversations I have ever had. It was like this person could see right through me, with those blue eyes, and still was there in the moment. It was like they knew me better than I knew myself.(And I think they do!) I was challenged, delighted, enlightened, entertained, questioned, entranced and had one of the best times I have had in a long time. I felt that I didn't have to defend myself for my thoughts and I could be truly authentic. That afternoon reinforced who I am and what I am all about. And I will always be grateful for that.
A song landed in my lap this early evening...after I got the truth handed to me. And it reminds me of that friend of mine who gifted me that day...
Anyway

"Bless the day this restoration is complete - Dirty , dusty, something must be underneath - So I scrape and I scuff - though it's never quite enough - I'm starting to see me, finally

A gallery of painting new and paintings old - Guess it's no suprise that I'm no Michaelangelo - Every layer of mine - Hides a lovely design - It might take a little patience - It might take a little time.

But you called me beautiful - When you saw my shame
And you placed me on the wall...Anyway."

So I will wake up tomorrow and everyday after that and do what I need to do. Not question the questions so much and just let it all unfold as it should. Do the work that I need to do and just be myself through it all. And if those around me don't like it...they don't need to be a part of it. These are my questions and I am living them the best that I can. (Sure, you can give me some advice if you think I'm hurting myself or in utter confusion and going nowhere...or if I ask you for your advice. And I always remember "Be careful for what you ask for...".)
And to my friend:
Anyway..."It sure beats chain-saw art". Thank you. I guess I can't hide any longer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home