Thursday, December 30, 2004

Interchangeable Songs

You're wondering ...what the heck is this.
Bono does this like and artform...he begins to sing "Bad" or "40" and then starts to sing a pop song with the same chord changes... I heard him do it live and I just about died with amazement. It's a little like the the Degrees of Kevin Bacon" game. You are amazed at the connections the songs have...like Bono Sang "ONE" he threw in, while the boys kept with the same chord progression: "I've got you under my skin" (Sinatra), "Three little birds" (Marley), and "You Can't always get what you want" (Stones) I was blown away and it was so seamless. You have to know your music and Bono knows his tunes.
So a good friend of mine and I figured this one out...and I hope to do it some day...
"Waitin in Vain" - this is the main song and then segue into "Follow You, Follow Me " by Genesis and then End with "(Just my) Imagination" by the Temptations. If you listen and work the arrangement to the right tempo...all three can be done in one very long song cycle. It is too cool.. and what I love about music too...it is interchangeable. I hope to figure out more.
( Someone steals this idea...oh well. Good on ya! But watch out..karma gets ya for stealing.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home