Thursday, December 30, 2004

A Family Tradition??!!??

Really “Foul” Christmas

I think I have seen it all. I have now found the PERFECT movie to get me out of a nasty Christmas mood...
BAD SANTA
Billy Bob Thornton plays a Down and out Department Store Santa. Well here’s an idea of what this santa is like. This is the First quote out of his mouth in the movie:

Hey, Can somebody get me another drink? Well, I've been to prison once, I've been married - twice. I was once drafted by Lyndon Johnson and had to live in shit-ass Mexico for 21/2 years for no reason. I've had my eye socket punched in, a kidney taken out and I got a bone-chip in my ankle that's never gonna heal. I've seen some pretty shitty situations in my life, but nothing has ever sucked more ass than this!
or to describe himself:
Willie: I'm an eating, drinking, shitting, fucking Santa Claus.

I haven’t laughed so hard in my whole life. I haven’t heard this much gratuitous swearing ever. But the thing about it is...it was part of the character of Willie. At first you were shocked and then you realize..this is Willie. Jay, from Jay and Silent Bob, swears like a stoner and throws around the F-bomb like it was nothing. This was intelligent swearing - if there is such a thing. And my sister, who doesn’t really laugh out loud...( she just grins and snickers) she let out some serious howls of laughter. And when it was all done...she just looked at me and said “That was just FOUL. And it was a great movie”
This movie is not for everyone. There are some quotes that I wouldn’t dare repeat in mixed company or admit that I thought they were funny. It is dark humor, very cynical, but believe it or not, you end up loving this Santa. Billy Bob is great in this movie. And it was John Ritter’s last movie and his character was fun to watch. He was charming.
Yes, The whole family watched it together. Un - f’ing - believable. I guess since we are now adults, my sister and I can watch these movies with our parents and we sit around and talk about the movie like Siskel and Ebert.
And...we also watched “Jackass” together. Oh MY...The Holiday is over and now I can get back to normal . Whatever Normal is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home