Saturday, January 15, 2005

A tropical Heatwave...

...We’re havin' a heatwave.
The cold really gets to people. People around me are more in a hurry to stay out of the cold. They have a “bitterness” to them. Some drink more, some eat more, some sleep more...
Me...I’m just trying to figure out when and if I really need to leave my house. I have to leave my warm upstairs to go do my laundry downstairs. I have to leave to get my mail. (and that is pretty important at the moment.) I have enough food in my home. Basically...it’s all good.
But, it’s only the 2nd week of January and I have cabin fever. Then again my “Exile” began months ago and I just need a job. In fact, I would relish having to leave and drive in this cold weather to go to a job.
I digress in my observation...
The cold does really bring out the Hardcore Diehards. You know...those that do the Polar Plunge, ice fish “till hell freezes over, and ski down a hill a hundred miles an hour with a major windchill factor.
But the cold also brings out some of us - and I quasi include myself - that really have to laugh about the weather, why we continually complain about it, but still stay and live in this climate.
One of the blogs I visit for a huge laugh is Saint Vodka of the Martini. Wonderful name...witty banter and she has fabulous rants. ( Are we related?)
This is the post for today - 01-15-2005
http://saintvodkaofthemartini.blogspot.com/2005/01/no-that-is-not-my-truck.html#comments
It’s cold in Canada and sometimes you just have to have a bit of fun.
YOU HAVE TO CHECK THIS OUT! DO IT!! DO IT NOW!
Here it is again:
http://saintvodkaofthemartini.blogspot.com/2005/01/no-that-is-not-my-truck.html#comments
Gives new meaning for a “Special Delivery Truck”.
(Thanks, Jay, for the huge laugh!)
and as Pop, in "GRUMPY OLD MEN" says..."It's butt cold out here, and I'm fresh outta beer."






2 Comments:

Blogger Jay said...

That is a great quote :)
Wish I would have thought to post it myself!

1:49 PM  
Blogger Rambling Rose Cottage said...

I stumbled upon your blog and found it quite fun! Thank you.

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home