Monday, January 31, 2005

I'm Hopeful...Olympic Hopefuls

Been gone...now back.
First Forensic meet was last thursday at the UW-Stout campus. I know that when I judge the first meet, I have to give slack to the students, because most of them are NO WHERE near ready.
My saving grace...Stout was having a band on campus
OLYMPIC HOPEFULS
They have heavy 89.3 rotation. They played live thursday night. And they were on my "to Buy" list of new music.
So I skipped the awards ceremony and went to see the band. A student had to come and find me...and she didn't want to leave either.
The opening band was marvy...Friends Like These.
FUN FUN FUN
How do I discribe the Hopefuls...mmm...garage band meets Brian Wilson meets 60's fun pop meets irony.
(I think Jay-Boy would like this band.)
I bought the cd of both bands. Too good tunes.
Ended up chatting with both bands. ( WHO ME HANG OUT WITH MUSICIANS?!?...I guess I looked a bit older than the typical college audience member and didn't gawk at the members of the band.)
I also played the cd for the Kid-lets on the bus...they have a new "Fave/Theme" music for the season. Yippee. Something I can listen to on the bus to tourneys too!
So on monday, I hear them for the first time. On Thursday, I see them live. Today I got a email from the leader of the band thanking me for chatting, buying the cd, requesting them on 89.3 and converting the kid-lets.
It's the least I can do for future of our music listeners.
AND SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL BAND!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home