Thursday, March 08, 2007

Book whore

I saw this on POSTSECRET and thought of my sister... Then again, I'm a book whore also. I love getting lost in a book. What are you reading now?
I am right now finishing "So Many books, So little Time" - a memoir where a woman reads a book a week (sometimes two) and cronicles her life. Because of this book...I have a list of Must READS that is now up to 32 books.
"Truck: A love Story" by Michael Perry.
Lives down the road. Opens chapter 13 talking about The Joynt, falls in love, and just talks about life in Western Wisconsin in that wonderful way. This guy is better than Klosterman. (Don't kill me, Tucker. But he's pretty damn good)
Marjorie Morningstar, by Herman Wolk.
A very dated book, but the first book on the list from the book above. I actually like it.
I realized how important words are.
And I never trust anyone who doesn't read.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home