Friday, January 19, 2007

Denny Doherty


Those of you who know my love of music...know my love of vocal harmony. Manhattan Transfer, Beach Boys, The Association, and the Mamas and Papas are just a few of my major influences.
At music camp (don't go there with the American Pie reference...I was a vocal major not a flute player), I found others that were just as influenced.
Since the age of six, I have wanted to be in a group that sounded like The Manhattan Transfer or The Mamas and The Papas.
Today, one of the Papas died. Denny Doherty, the tenor and the vocalist that was featured on "Monday Monday" died today at 66.
There is something so pure about his voice blending with the others. I guess that's why I love these two groups so much...the pure harmonies.
Mama Cass is gone, so is Papa John, and now Papa Denny.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tony Pucci said...

Oh, that's a shame. Very influential on me as well. Hugs.

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home