Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Dream Deferred


I fell in love with this story...
A single woman, feeling that something was missing, so at the age of 40 or so, she decided to adopt a baby. She went to China and she came home with her little one...
Today the Chinese government announced some new laws that they are going to try and sanction for International adoption.
The first is that they are strongly advising against single person adoptions. (ok, that's fine with me, because i don't think I want to be a parent alone)
The next is that they are now thinking that the age cut off will be 40...anyone older will have to jump thru more hoops. And if you have any idea about the Chinese government...they have more burocracy than we have.
So today...I woke up knowing that one more choice was made for me without my consent. I turn 4o in 2 years and usually it takes a minimum of 22 months to complete the paperwork and screening. Odds are against me having my little one from China.
What I'm saying is...this dream doesn't look like it will happen.
So, I'll look to another dream.
But who knows...sometimes dreams do come thru.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home