Thursday, January 18, 2007

I think I heard it wrong...


I was working and didn't hear the lyrics of a song correctly. Then again, I have done that many times. (just ask my best friend, Mark..."shunnaa naa, hunnnaanaahh")
So what I thought was Steely Dan, but actually was solo Donald Fagen singing. I liked the song. In fact I've always liked Steely Dan...but
I was listening and I thought the chorus went...

"CHRIST ON THE FREEWAY"

When actually the words are:
Swing out To Lake Nostalgia
Route 5 to Laughing Pines
Get off at Funway West
Drive into Springtime
Drive into Springtime

Where do you get Christ on the Freeway from Drive into Springtime?

But I can sing..."I don't care if it rains or freezes, longs I gots my Plastic Jesus...sittin on the dashboard of my car..."
I am so pitiful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home