Thursday, February 24, 2005

Spread your Joy and the money will follow!

First...everyone that said a prayer, made a wish, lit a candle , did a little dance, or just plain old sent some good juju for me:
THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH.
I have felt such good energy in the past few days that I am giddy.
AND MY GOOD NEWS
This is Gi-normous!!!
I GOT THE JOB!
I am now gainfully employed at a multi-generation music store. I will be the office manager. I will also be crosstrained in piano sales ( to ease the boss a little - he's the only one that knows pianos and keyboards and I play!) Plus after my reg 40 hours, if I want, I can teach beginning piano lessons.
Can you say that this job is made for me or what?!?!? I get to use both right and left sides of my brain. If I'm in a crazy number crunching sittuation and need a moment, I can grab a piece of music, sit at a piano for five minutes, clear my head and then go back and crunch some more. Cheaper than a therapist, people.
The interview was long and I knew that it was going to be good, but this is just fan-tabu-lous!!!
And (!!!) I'm going to finally learn how to play guitar. Chrissy Hynde and Melissa Etheridge will have no worries, but I do want to give Phoebe Buffay a run for her money. (I think I can really give "Smelly Cat" a whole new spin.) I found the guitar I want also...a sweet Ovation Cutaway Celebrity with pick-up and it has a purple finish. The guys in the shop say it's a chick guitar and they haven't been able to move the sucker from the wall for over a year and a half. Well...I'm a chick and that baby is calling my name. (Hey, I haven't had my first lesson even...I'm not going out and buying a hand-crafted Maton like Tommy Emmanuel has.)
It just takes 3 chords and you got a song. I'll add another so I can "take it to the bridge"!
I'm happy. I can breathe a little easier and I kept hope. I knew that my job would come...and patience isn't one of my best qualities.
Thank you friends. It's been an interesting journey.
Now on to the next phase!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jay said...

Congratulations, what fabulous news!!

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home