Thursday, February 17, 2005

Things that are just lovely

Enough is Enough already...the sun is shining, my eyes are sparkling and life is good.
I’m swiping an idea from my sis, Mim, and decided to write about things that I think that are just lovely at the moment. I’ve been such a “schmoopy” and there are those little things that just are wonderful and keep a girl like me going.
So Here goes it

- blogging and people reading your blog, commenting and becoming virtual friends with them.
- 89.3 The Current
- my voice: when all else fails...sing.
- my wonderful family and circle of friends that I call family
- top 5 lists
- my capacity to love
- hot milky sweet tea - don’t say yuck until you try it
- Coffee Crisp Bars and Cadbury Flake
- Hot fresh Hong Sue Chicken or specially made sushi at Shanghi Bistro
- an Anchor burger with a friend by your side.
- the belief that Lloyd Dobbler exists
- the 80’s - all of it - John Hughes, John Cusack (!!!) The music, the movies, the fashion (yep...I went there)
- Fine point pens or better yet, fountian pens
- an old favorite song you haven’t heard in a long while that makes you get up and dance.
- Kirsty, Eddi Reader, Cher, Van Morrison, Wham!, Swing out Sister, Beatles, Stones, Doors, Motown , Cocteau Twins, U2, Elvis Costello, tons of movie soundtracks, BeeGees, Beach Boys,Rosemary Clooney, Frank, Holly Cole, and far too many more to name or even admit to liking.
- Dropping the F-bomb when appropriate.
- laughing til it hurts
- hearing a really cool new song
- my inner “molly ringwald” and hoping that either a boy like Blaine comes into my life or living happily ever after with a boy that adores me like Ducky.
- My warm wool sweater
- my clogs
- Curious George and Cinderella
- Princess Diana and Princess Grace
- Colin Firth
- a new pair of shoes or a great hair cut
- a really good conversation with a friend.
- knowing that the banjo is an underrated instrument
- knitting
- Bridget Jones, Bridget Jones, and Bridget Jones.
- Helen Felding, Marian Keyes, and Jane Green
- a smile from a little kid
- “lucking out”
And last but not least...
- not postponing joy and having hope

1 Comments:

Blogger Morgan said...

I worked in the Defense industry with ex-sailors for about 10 years. During that time, my cussing vocabulary became colorful and varied. My favorite was the standard 'mf' and I did refrain from using 'gd'. Still don't say that one. Instead, I say 'crapass'. It's just dirty enough to be fullfilling without being offensive.

No matter what the cause of my foul mood, Van Morrison's Moondance will make my spirits soar every time.

7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home