Monday, March 16, 2009

Check YO Bucket!


I am addicted.
A friend of mine played me Paul Cebar and the Milwaukeeans live and I was hooked. Done gone hooked.
They remind me of the wonderful days of One World, but this guy is off the hook.
The song "Check Your Bucket" - Anyone that can juxtapose an old dance hall tune- turning into a funk classic that rivals George Clinton - with "Sexual Healing" and The Staples Singers'
"I'll Take You There" has got my props. And anyone that can turn Leonard Cohen's "Dance Me To The End Of Love" to a samba has won my heart.
So plan to see him at the end of the month and this same friend told him about me... maybe thinking we could get the man booked for a gig in Northern Sconny... and well, maybe let a chick sing back up on one or two.
I'm game
And I'll let you know. Too cool...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home