Tuesday, November 22, 2005

What's been playing on my set list...

You know how I feel about songs and how they can change my mood, reinforce my viewpoint, or just plain old boost me up. I categorized them for better understanding of mood. I could comment on all of them, but for lack of space, I won’t. This is what I’m currently listening to:

“EFW” Songs
Does He love You? Rilo Kylie ( Number One with a bullet)
Love Has No Pride – Bonnie Raitt
The Hurting Time – Annie Lennox
Waitin In Vain – Annie Lennox
Obsession in my Head – Suede
Call and Answer – Barenaked Ladies
I Never – Rilo Kylie
Sweetest Decline – Beth Orton
I’ll Miss You Till I meet you – Dar Williams ( Sweet song)
Secret – Maroon5
Temptation-Diana Krall
Are You Having Any Fun? – Tony Bennett ( The lyrics are perfect for a workaholic significant other)
Dreamsome – Shelby Lynne
When Lights go Down – Darkstar
Bend and Break – Keane
Untouchable Face – Ani DiFranco ( I would love to sing this!)
Sticks and Stones – Divine Comedy
Misread – Kings of Convenience
God Give Me Strength – Elvis Costello with Burt Bacharach
Why Should I cry for You – Sting
If I Start to Cry – Holly Cole
Blame it on my Youth – Jane Monheit ( My theme song)
I'm Not in Love ( Just Because) 10cc (I'm not in love...so don't forget it. It's just a silly phase I"m going thru...)

Songs Because I Still Believe in Love:
Fly Me to the Moon – Tony Bennett
The Way You Look Tonight – Tony Bennett
Love is All I Know – Chrissie Hynde
The Luckiest – Ben Folds
Follow You; Follow Me - Genesis
Let my Love Open The Door – Arthur Yoria (Acoustic Cover!)
God Only Knows – Beach Boys
Someone Like You – Van Morrison ( My song of Hope)
Kissing – Bliss (Sensual)
Northern Sky – Nick Drake
That’s All – Michael Buble

Songs Because I am Just fine and I can’t help but be happy listening to:
Great Weight Lifted – Trashcan Sinatras
Positivity – Suede
Perfect – The The
Blackbird – Beatles
Love Will Come to You – Indigo Girls
Leisure Suite – Feist
Let’s Groove – Earth, Wind and Fire
Yeah Yeah – Georgie Fame and The Blue Flames
Bye, Bye Pride – The Go Betweens
King for a Day – XTC
Alex Chilton – Paul Westerberg
Martha, My Dear – Beatles
The WHOLE – Motown REMIX Album - ABC and Tears of A Clown are my current Faves, but the smooth jazz version of “Let’s Get It On” is especially lusty.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tony Pucci said...

"Sniff, my ego is crushed," he lamented. I...I am not on your list. At least Suede and The Go-Betweens are on there, so I've left some small mark. No The Chruch? Dear, you must dive into them...

6:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home