Friday, July 15, 2005

Sorting out stuff.

To quote the ever profound Bridget:
It is a truth universally acknowledged that when one part of your life starts going okay, another falls spectacularly to pieces.

This is not necessarily true. Sometimes it all falls apart. Everything.
Ok in the words of the great Rilo Kiley:
Get a real job
Keep the wind to your back and the sun on your face
All the immediate unknowns
Are better than knowing this tired and lonely fate ...
Let's not forget ourselves good friend
I am flawed if I'm not free

I could go on about some of the horrific things that have happened lately. Things that “rock your world” and shakes a person to her very core. Job, health things, matters of the heart...all that life stuff.
I’ve bared my soul on many things here, but this is one thing that I keep close to me. It’s one thing that is so complicated that only I understand and can make sense of it and it is a mixture of a whole bunch of things that I’ve been conveniently putting a “band aid” on.
I’m fine. Really. You think I’m saying this. But...it’s the truth. In fact I’ve listed a few things that are good things in my life:

** I’m working on getting a job. In fact I got a call back to interview with their corporate...which is good. Timing is off. It’s not until August 4th. This is a positive.
** One of my bestest friends is moving to LA at the end of the month. I will always have somewhere warm to go in the winter. And isn’t that where a few of my secret vices live...mmm. This is positive.
** I have a wonderful family and friends. # 3!
** My health is good. #4
** I got a surprise in my e-mail. V. good. V. positive and a huge boost. #5
** I am one hell of a strong woman. When I am thrown so many things...I somehow manage to continue doing what I need to do for myself. I’m pretty amazed at myself sometimes. and this is a good thing. #6

ok. There. Yes, I’m listening to that Rilo Kiley song...that is a whole different story. ( Yes the subject matter is interesting and I plead the 5th) Nothing for blog material...more or less it is going to be for my book. Yes, my book...something that I was told to do a while ago by a good friend. Now I just have more material...the names will be changed and some of the exact details, but nonetheless...it would make a great story.
So...I’ve been given a timeline. 3 WEEKS. It was given to me...not by choice...but having a bit of time to think about it without being emotional, it is good. And it is necessary. It’s time to take care of me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home