Sunday, July 31, 2005

Things you see

What a week for sights to be seen.
Last weekend, I hung out in St Paul with friends. My best friend is leaving for Los Angeles today...in fact...he's on the road now. ( I'm doing ok...I'll blog about him later)
So..I saw Wedding Crashers. Too funny. Vince Vaughn is so...to quote "Swingers": money.
I saw:** a tree that smashed 2 compact cars outside of Perkins.
** ladies that shouldn't really be wearing knit/spandex capri pants - not to mention matching NASCAR t-shirts.
** the most divine COACH PURSE at the COACH Store.
** Fredricks of Hollywood in suburbia. Nice stuff mind you, but I'm going to hold out for the real deal when Mark is living in LA.
** A Motown/R&B band ( Danny's Reasons) that kicked ass. One of those hidden gems that hangs out in suburbia. Smooth grooves and some fierce rhythm. Anybody that can go from The Temptations to a wicked cover of Earth Wind and Fire's "Let's Groove" gets my props.
That was last weekend.
This week:
** Watching "Sex and The City" with my mom and her REALLY liking the show. ( She gets a kick out of Samantha dropping the F Bomb like a lady)
** A really really cute and charming waiter named Carl. We flirted BIG TIME. It happens when your table is the last of the evening and he happens to stop by and just chat because he can. I know where he serves as a full time job.( One of my favourite places - thank you, angels) Can you say "Marthini's"? I just might have to take the girls there for a night out.
** Mall of America. Enough BLING to make Brittney's Head blow up. We spent tons of time in Urban Outfitters just laughing. I saw a hand knitted ...well machines did this...IPod holder and a knitted Cell phone case. They were retailing for $16.00 each. Shit!!! I can whip those babies up in primo imported wool &in no time and much cheaper. Mark's got the business cards ready to go. And it's a thought.
** The Godiva Shop needs a manager. That's dangerous.
BUT THE PRIMO
We ( all 6 of us and we were a motley bunch) went to Jillian's to play skee ball and bowl. We were all deciding whether to bowl or not and out walks this lady in Daisy Duke shorts, a halter, and high heeled sandals. She was also very enhanced. She was carrying 2 pairs of shoes and following behind her was a girl no more than 8 years old. This is what blew us away. (Her husband and other daughter were following and I'm not commenting about that now)
As a little girl...she was wearing a mini skirt, a spangly halter top, a lavender cowboy hat and a pair of high heeled boots that came to her knees. She looked like one of those BRATZ dolls come to life.
YES...I just looked in amazement and Hunter, my new friend, Angie's fiancee, said"
"If your not old enough to have pubic hair, you're not old enough to wear hooker boots."
Well said, Hunter. He then went on to say how he would raise his daughter if he had one.
This led to a very adult conversation between all of us and we realized that all of us were raised pretty Old School and know that our mothers would never let us leave the house dressed like that.
Oh it was an interesting night and we had fun.
Now I'm just wondering what I'm going to see next...
BRING IT ON.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home