Thursday, March 17, 2005

Finally...

After many years of coveting...
After many musician boyfriends thatlet me have one, we break up and I have to give it back...
After asking for one for my birthday or Christmas for the last 4.5 years
I DID IT...
Ok...I got the guitar. Yes I did. I love it. I’m practicing a bit each day. Building up strength in my hands and toughen up my fingers to finger better.
Here it is:
http://www.ovationguitars.com/?fa=detail&mid=763
It is purple and it is mine. It's a chick guitar and I am a chick.
(Yes, it’s purple.) It’s mine and I’ve wanted a guitar since I was 16. Chrissie Hynde of the Pretenders is a huge influence, but she has nothing to worry about with me!
Now, I can do C, em, G, G7, D7, dm, bm am...but F hurts my fingers at the moment and bar chords are a beast also. I have to strengthen my left hand more, but I really like it.
I can proudly say I can play the White Hives and the beginning to"Someday, Someway" by Marshall Crenshaw. And I'm workin on "Killin Kind" by Shelby Lynne. I got a list and I will be practicing...
Too cool.
It's also pretty great to walk out of the office...enter into "Guyville" - that's what we call the area where we have all our guitars and it is pretty "testosteroni" - grab an axe (he he ) and play something. I get a look or two because I'm a chick, but hey...I can hold my own if I need to!
Rock on!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jay said...

Good for you. Jason keeps trying to teach me, but gosh it hurts the fingers!

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home