Monday, July 19, 2004

Let the Games Begin!


ROCK ON!!! Posted by Hello

I was accused of being politically biased at work. EXCUSE ME! I have laws I have to follow. According to the older American’s Act and because I receive federal and state funding, I must have an "open door" policy for political candidates to visit the centers.
So this being the political season, I’m getting calls from candidate’s offices to come and "visit" our centers. Amazingly…I’m only getting calls from one party. I’m not soliciting, I’m not asking them to come, and I’m trying to keep my personal convictions to a minimum. I just have one rule…Don’t mess with my seniors. Most of them are pretty savvy and can see through the bullshit.
So, because one party is visiting…I was accused of being biased. To quote: "Martha, that’s not right of you to not have__________ come to the centers also." (Notice the wording…pretty Freudian) I informed them that I don’t invite…they invite themselves to the center. Well….. _________’s office hasn’t called me to drop by, but _____can come and have lunch at anytime with us. (Maybe I’ll have them on cabbage day. Being a politician can be pretty stinky business.)
I’m getting tired of this political crap already and it’s only July. We have 3 ½ months to go. Well, goodie goodie. I think my soapbox is broken for the day…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home