Friday, July 16, 2004

The People you Meet


Mugging with My Fave guitar player Posted by Hello
Meeting Tommy Emmanuel was a thrill.  Just because he's a superstar in Austraila, doesn't mean that he's a guitar god in the US.  In fact, I feel pretty lucky to have had breakfast with him this time around.  He's getting bigger and bigger and chances like this won't happen in the future.
It's a long story, but I belong to the TE Discussion group and have chatted with fans and his manager.  At his Bayfield concert, I met up with his manager, Gina and TE and Lizzy, his girlfriend.  They are just great people.  The conversation just flowed and we all found out that we have many things in common. 
So here I am a name dropper and I wouldn't have changed anything in the world.  I"m already planning for next year in Bayfield and if Tommy gets to Prairie Home Companion...I'll hide out with Gina if I'm allowed.  ANd I"m taking them to Slippery's.  And that is another story for another day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home