Thursday, July 22, 2004

Getting Centered.


The Land of Lupines... Posted by Hello

A few weeks ago... I dipped my toes in Lake Superior and proclaimed all was well with the earth.
Since then...life has been pretty chaotic.  That and the fact that for the first time in TEN years...I got a speeding ticket. I've been pretty frazzled about a lot of things lately...the speeding ticket was the wake up call for me.  The literal meaning of ...You need to slow down.
So I was talking to a dear friend and they gave me some advice.  Being the music girl that I am, the first thing I ask...are those lyrics.  No they are not...and I have permission to share them with you.

And listen to the voices of the summer night breezes; the whispering of the universe...
wondering where it has traveled and what it has heard and seen before it whispers to you
Find time...life is too short to not listen to the peace of your mind
and the gentleness inside your own heart
 
Pretty beautiful  and good advice.
One of the most amazing things I saw up north was the fields of lupines.  I love purple and to see fields and fields of purple was calming.  I look to this picture as a pretty calming reminder of the beauty I saw.  And I stopped to look at every chance I got.
I'm stopping and looking now.  And listening also. So listen...sometimes the biggest sounds come from the softest of whispers.
And my own favorite lyric...The less I seek some source for my definitive - the closer I am to fine
I'm fine...and I'm not going to search so hard for some answers that lie right inside of me.  They've been there all along...I just haven't stopped to listen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home