Monday, February 11, 2008

Top 5 things that are keeping me sane at the Moment.

1. Chocolate Chocolate chip Muffins. Yes...those wonderful fat-filled goodies from the Kwik Trip bakery case. They taste like giant unfrosted chocolate cupcakes. I love unfrosted cupcakes.
2. Diablo Cody
The woman can write. She just did an editorial for Entertainment Weekly (she does them regularly) on the possible reunion of NKOTB...yes NEW KIDS!!! To quote her:
"Naturally, when I heard New Kids on the Block might reunite, a flock of exotic butterflies took wing in my lower torso"
YES!!! I would love to hear "The Right Stuff" live and hear Joey McEntyre sing/say "Cuz I love you girl" and do a killer key change in the middle of "Please Don't Go Girl"
to borrow from Diablo: "Bubblegum may lose its flavor, but it can tick with you for life" (Miriam...you need to live by this creed)
3. Shelby Lynne.
Her new album is a tribute to Dusty Springfield... and you know how I feel about Dusty. She said that this album could be one of 2 things: (I paraphrase) A sunday brunch easy morning kind of album or a late saturday night bottle of wine with a big fat joint relaxing kind of album.
She's right...but I haven't tried either.
4. Fitting into your old jeans
I have lost enough weight that I have now been able to wear my fave jeans from college. That is so cool...but they are so old. Only around the house or when I am alone. God...the guess jeans with the triangle on the back! HA!
5. The Weather
Now, you're probably shaking your head wondering...what the hell?!? But I listen to the rotten weather forcasts and I remind myself that : THIS TOO SHALL PASS.
We bitch when it is too cold. We bitch when it is too hot.
Spring is coming. Summer nights are coming. Fall days will come too.
This crap will end.
5.5....Dove Chocolate.
It is in it's plentitude thanks to that EVIL holiday called "Valentine's day"
Yes, I'm getting my bitter attitude on. Valentine's day is Thursday and it makes me puke.
This statement coming from the biggest hopeless romantic on the planet...but yes, Valentines day makes me bummed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home