Monday, February 11, 2008

RANT ALERT!

Can I be just royally pissed? And can I be really sad at the same time?
Between a co-worker throwing me "under the bus" (which things are fine right now...I didn't get into any trouble, but she made herself a royal pain in the ass to my boss) and the crazy customers at work...ding dang. No wonder people go nuts.
I think the biggest thing that has peeved me is something that just irks me to no end. I have had 2 friends do some things that have royally gutted me in the last few weeks. One was a blatant outright bold faced lie that was told by a person to many and it caused much strife. The other thing was that a very good friend doubted/didn't believe/questioned me...something I never expected from this person. I refuse to air "dirty laundry" and go into great detail what was done or said by either person. This isn't the time or the place...and I maintain a sense of decorum and a bit of discreetness. (even though I am making this posting a public rant. Bitter irony of the sittuation here!)
The first person...well, I am just keeping at an arms length. I keep the conversation jovial and trivial and just enough to keep them thinking that all is well, but I don't think I will ever trust them fully again. It hurts me to watch this person's dysfunction, yet I have to let them just go through this phase of their life. I only hope that they come out of it with some sort of sanity and happiness intact.
The second person...It was the one "little" last thing that set me over the edge. (there have been so many little things that I overlooked or made excuses for...)I was SO angry and needed to tell this person exactly what I felt that I wrote down exactly what I wanted to say and went directly to their voice mail and left them the message. I felt better by telling them, but I knew that there would be consequences.
The first person...I have talked to and as I said, keeping at arms length.
The second person... I have not heard a word. I don't know if I will hear a word. And I have to accept if I hear nothing. But the saddest thing...I may have lost someone whom I consider a dear friend and someone that I "let down the walls" and allowed myself to trust. I guess that is why it hurts so much.

That's all part of life. And I really know the meaning of bittersweet at the moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home