Sunday, June 24, 2007

Mixing it up!


My new guilty pleasure

MASH UPS!!!Ok this whole thing started when my sister and I would sing Rick Astley’s Never Gonna give you up” along with “Together Forever”
Now I know this drives people nuts (Yes, Mim’s friend Shyboy, HATES it when she does this, but you have to admit…it really does show her musical prowess.)
Now Bono and the boys do this in their concerts…they start a groove, a riff…whatever you want to call it and Bono starts singing a song and then he goes into another and then another and back to the first he began which more or less is a U2 song. (Bono and Edge freely admit how many artists have hugely influenced them. They have always been fans first and foremost and have gushed about that.)
You see, if you know about chord progressions and natural musical flow – you can put anything together. I’ve been dreaming for years to hear “Just My Imagination melded into Waitin in Vain.”
IT HAS NOW BEEN DONE!!!
http://stevelima.com/futuro.html
This man is Futuro. He makes the most amazing mixes and he finally did my tune in my head. He’s also combined Marvin Gaye with Maroon 5 (This Love and Sexual Healing) He has mixed The Rascals Groovin with The Style Council. (I LOVE STYLE COUNCIL)
Just go to the site and you can download your own copies plus more. They are free and just for personal use. (NICE GUY TO SHARE!!!)I’m in seventh heaven. I love remixes.
GO…go there now and get yourself a new groove.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home