Sunday, October 26, 2008

I endorse this message




Election time is soon upon us... And I did a bit of research. I took a quiz and found out that - drum roll please -
I'm a libertarian...yep, let me have my guns, don't tax the pants off of me and don't you dare tell me what I can or cannot do with my body, religion has no place in politics and there truly is not definite right or left. And keep your nose out of my business...
Yep, pretty much a libertarian.
Well back in the day, Barry Goldwater shocked the Republician establishment. Move over John McCain as stating he is a Compassionate Conservative. You are NO Goldwater.
He said it like it was and well...the man was a bit wild in the day, but I think I would have taken him out for a cocktail or two and kicked back and had a great conversation.
But if you read his quotes...the man is the Yogi Berra of politics. And, if he were running today, I would be voting for him!
Here is just a few of Goldwater's views...
* Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. And moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.
* I think any man in business would be foolish to fool around with his secretary. If it's somebody else's secretary, fine.
* I think every good Christian ought to kick Falwell right in the ass.
* To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable.
* The income tax created more criminals than any other single act of government.
* You don't have to be straight to be in the military; you just have to be able to shoot straight.
* I'm frankly sick and tired of the political preachers across this country telling me as a citizen that if I want to be a moral person, I must believe in "A," "B," "C" and "D." Just who do they think they are? And from where do they presume to claim the right to dictate their moral beliefs to me?And I am even more angry as a legislator who must endure the threats of every religious group who thinks it has some God-granted right to control my vote on every roll call in the Senate. I am warning them today: I will fight them every step of the way if they try to dictate their moral convictions to all Americans in the name of "conservatism."
* If everybody in this town connected with politics had to leave town because of chasing women and drinking, you would have no government.
Too bad he's not running this year!






,

1 Comments:

Blogger rick pelps said...

wow was barry right on or what i agree that to be in the military you have to shoot straight not be straight lets return to those of oldthey also said about barry, in your heart you know hes right, i loved barry white.

3:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home