Monday, March 31, 2008

New Dating Rules

I'm getting older. The rules have changed since I started dating. It's a fierce world out there and sometimes it reminds me of a bad sitcom.
New Rule One
If you think that a guy is around the same age of your mother...don't even go there.
I will date someone older. I have and still will...I've always liked older men. But when a guy that is interested in you is or is almost the same age as your mother - a girl thinks twice. Needless to say, I didn't and haven't gone out with this person. In fact...I am avoiding this person. I believe he has boundary issues.
New Rule Two
If a Guy tells you he talks to trees and in 24 hours he usually gets results to his prayers/intentions/questions - don't go out with him
Ok, I like it when a guy has spirituality. I think having a belief system is very cool. I like it when guys are into nature and are are in touch with their sensitive sides. BUT... I'm not thinking that seeking your answers from a tree is my Dali Lama.
New Rule Three
If it seems too good to be true...it is.
Listen to your inner voice and if a bell, buzzer or whistle goes off while talking to this guy, don't think that you're wrong. Your dead on right. I still have this "rose colored glasses" syndrome. When they do something...actions speak louder than words.
New Rule Four
If he's younger than you, remember that he's younger than you.
I have no problems with age...younger or older than me (unless you're just about as old as my mom). Younger men are great. Very younger men(10 years or more younger than I) with a liberal and open-minded attitude are just wonderful...not to mention when they think you are cute, they do wonders for your ego. The conversation can be wonderful and you can have tons in common, but remember you're both in different places in your lives. But those v. young men do make you feel cute.
New Rule Five
Unrequited love is just that.
It isn't going to change. You can wish and hope and dream, but sometimes it won't ever ever happen.
New Rule Six
You can't go back...you can only go forward.
Unfinished business is just that...unfinished. You can't go back and fix some things. Some things are better left unsaid and unfinished and you have to say things and finish things to and for yourself.
New Rule Seven
Sometimes you have to take a chance.
Here's a lyric I have to share: "You must decide to risk your heart for love to find you"
A friend of mine told me that the opposite of love is lonliness. Sometimes you have to take the chance. Simple as that.
New Rule Eight
Distance can work.
If you have the connection and the attraction and the willingness to make something work...you can make it work.
New Rule Nine
Thinking too much can be dangerous
Just go with the flo.

Ok...that's my thoughts for the moment. It's now "DANCE BREAK" time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home